A version of Disney’s newest theme park addition, based around Pixar’s Toy Story films, will be open in a number of parks around the world. Walt Disney World® Resort’s version, Toy Story Land, is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on June 30. The new area will shrink guests as they venture into Andy’s backyard where famous toys loom far overhead bringing with it both new and famous activities and attraction.
A staple in any Disney park, Toy Story Land is bringing over familiar characters for guests to meet. As one might expect, all of the characters will be from the Toy Story franchise and will include Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl.
Sarge and the Green Army Men Drum Corps will also parade around the land several times throughout the day. They’ll stop to play with an oversized Pixar ball, crayons and a round of “Sarge Says” with guests.
Toy Story Mania!
The longstanding attraction has had its entrance moved into the new land, but guests will still be able to enjoy the competitive carnival game-turned-ride. The difference is that now a third track has been added, meaning more guests can ride at the same time and you shouldn’t be in line quite as long once crowds stabilize.
One of the most hyped additions being added by Toy Story Land, Slinky Dog Dash is a family-friendly coaster. Guests will board Slinky Dog and ride the famous toy through Andy’s new Mega Coaster Play Kit.
Alien Swirling Saucers
This new attraction was made to look like a toy from Pizza Planet, with “The Claw” looming overhead as guests spin around toy planets and space stations. An electronic space music soundtrack will remix eight familiar songs on the ride, adding to the otherworldly atmosphere of the quirky new attraction.
All Toy Story Land attractions will be considered Tier 1, meaning each guest will have to pick one for their FastPass+ selections to accompany two other attractions in the park.
Woody’s Lunch Box
The newest quick service dining location in Disney’s Hollywood Studios® is Andy’s old school Woody-themed lunchbox, which he’s propped open and set next to his thermos. Woody’s Lunch Box will serve all sorts of unique meals and treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu includes:
- S’more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich – This new sandwich features French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles and is filled with marshmallow and chocolate ganache
- Smoked Turkey, Eggs, Swiss, Peppers, and Onions on Sourdough- This sandwich is vastly different from the previous one, loading plenty of breakfast favorites into one hand-held package.
- Breakfast Bowl- This bowl takes a different look at breakfast than the sandwich, as it’s filled with potato barrels (or tater tots), brisket-country gravy and scrambled eggs.
- BBQ Brisket Melt- The third sandwich on the menu features a garlic butter-grilled sourdough bun stuffed with smoked brisket, Monterey Jack cheese, pickles and BBQ sauce.
- Monte Cristo with Raspberry Jam- This famous grilled sandwich, filled with ham, turkey and Swiss cheese adds raspberry jam for a twist.
- Totchos- An enormously popular dish in Disneyland, these potato barrels smothered with corn chips, chili and cheese are officially making their way to the Florida parks.
- Smoked Turkey, Tomato, and Lettuce on Multigrain Bread – This classic sandwich, spiced with a Dijonnaise, gives a healthier option to those wanting to eat light.
- Kid Options- Younger guests will find a grilled cheese sandwich or turkey sandwich, both served with potato barrels and mandarin oranges.
- Sides- Woody’s Lunch Box offers a different set of sides than guests might be accustomed to, with tomato basil soup, vegetable macaroni salad and the potato barrels found in many of the other dishes. Mini Baybell snack cheese is also offered.
- Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Dried Fruit- This fruity dessert is Disney’s take on breakfast toaster pastries.
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Caramelized Bacon- A different flavor, but a similar dish as the raspberry tart, this one might be a bit friendlier to children and chocolate lovers.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait- Fresh bananas, strawberries and pineapple are layered in between banana-vanilla Greek yogurt and topped with granola and chocolate chips.
- Soda floats- The classic dessert drink can be found here, with a variety of soft drinks to choose from.
Say Magical Vacations has been invited to a press event for Toy Story Land on June 28 and 29. You can tune into our Facebook page as we document the experience live!